• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired out of the blue!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

depeeco

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Upon arriving at work Monday morning my wife saw that her desk had been packed. She was then summoned to a conference room where she was told her employment was being terminated. This was a complete shock since she had never had a problem at work. There was never any verbal or written warnings for anything, ever. She has been there for two years but got a new manager 3 months ago. Her original manager rewarded her with three merit increases in two years. When my wife asked what this was about her manager replied "this just isn't working out". When my wife persisted in getting a reasonable explanation the manager said " me and you just don't click".
This seems really wrong to me but I am not sure if there is any legal recourse. She has never been fired from any job before and we are worried about how this will affect her resume and job search. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Bill

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No laws have been violated. It is legal to fire someone because of a personality conflict with their manager.

Despite what many people evidently believe, being fired, especially for a reason such as this, is not the kiss of death when it comes to new employment. This has happened to a great many people, most if not all of whom have managed to find other employment. I'm not making light of your concerns; I understand them completely. But there is no reason why this should adversely affect a job search as long as (a) you've told us everything and (b) she is honest about what happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">