• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for paycheck complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Roman

I have been working at a company for 4 years. Because of a computer error my paycheck was reduced by half. I tried for 8 weeks to work with the company but every week after they promised it was fixed I still recieved only half pay. Finally I got very upset with my boss and called him incompetent. They terminated my contract. Is there any legal recourse I can pursue? Undue stress?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere informatin, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Basically, cooler heads will prevail. If you are still owed this money and you feel you were wrongfully terminated, this is what should occur:

Get an employment labor attorney to sue for your money plus interest back. Sue also for wrongful termination. If you can show you tried over and over again to get your money and they fired you because you finally lost your temper (human error, it happens), you may have a case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">