• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for posting my resume online.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fired In Philly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Philadelphia, PA

I understand that Pennsylvania is an at-will employment state, but am curious if anyone has any advice about being terminated for seeking other employment. Do I have any rights other than unemployment compensation. Is my former employer required to do anything?

cyjeff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Philadelphia, PA

I understand that Pennsylvania is an at-will employment state, but am curious if anyone has any advice about being terminated for seeking other employment. Do I have any rights other than unemployment compensation. Is my former employer required to do anything?
Not even required to help you carry your stuff to the curb.

File for unemployment. It doesn't cost anything to try.

Hot Topic

You used your employer's computer and company time to try and find another job. Gee. Can't imagine why you were fired.

Why should your employer have to pay unemployment insurance when you obviously wanted to leave the company? Expect your employer to dispute this "right."

LeeHarveyBlotto

You used your employer's computer and company time to try and find another job. Gee. Can't imagine why you were fired.
Where did he say that he used the company's computer or did his job hunting on their time?

Why should your employer have to pay unemployment insurance when you obviously wanted to leave the company? Expect your employer to dispute this "right."
Job hunting does not disqualify a terminated employee from receiving unemployment.

ecmst12

Even if you didn't use a company computer or company time, the termination was still legal. I wouldn't call it willful misconduct though, unless you did violate the internet use policy, so your chances of getting UC are pretty good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">