• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired for rumors.... what investigation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smlatme

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? california

My Supervisor came to me with allegations & rumors she had heard that I encouraged clients to brake the rules and deceive staff, (she mentioned one client by name). She told me to take the rest of the day off and Monday and report back Tuesday with a letter of resignation. I returned to work without a letter of resignation. The next day I was placed on paid administrative leave pending an investigation of allegations & rumors. Supervisor told me she was to conduct the investigation. Three weeks later I was called into the Admin. Office and presented with formal allegations in writing, also stating their investigation concluded this to be true. I was given 24 hours to respond in writing. In the meeting I asked for more information regarding this rumors, the who, what, when, where. I asked to see a copy of their investigation. I was told I could not have that information. I responded in writing stating I needed more information to be able to respond. Three days later I was fired for code of conduct violation. Two weeks later I was denied unemployment based on code 1256. I still don’t know the; who, what, when, where of the allegations. I am not getting a good reference from the company. I am suffering HUGE mental stress. Financially my family suffering. It just doesn't feel right what they have done. My personal file with the company is excellent. The community in which I work is very small and everyone knows I was fired for misconduct. I did not do it. what can I do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
While it may not seem fair, I don't see anything in your post that indicates that the law has been violated in any way. They COULD legally have fired you out of hand, without doing any investigation at all, and nothing in the law requires them to give you the specifics.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">