• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for Safety Concerns

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amlemkecoons

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My client believes he was fired for stating OSHA requirements and following up on any progress. OSHA has inspected the company regarding these, and other, concerns. Recently he went to one of my Train the Trainer courses. Upon completion, the company refused to do any actual training. They stripped him of his "title" as trainer. He was subsequently terminated. Recently (2 weeks after his termination) he was made aware by an employee of the company in question that his name appears on the training certificates posted on the walls. He DID NOT do the training. What are his options for legal action. Thanks.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Just for clarification purposes, I understand that he believes he was fired for citing safety concerns. Two questions:

1.) What reason did the EMPLOYER give for the termination?

2.) Did he file a complaint with OSHA, or were his stated concerns internal?

HomeGuru

amlemkecoons said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

My client believes he was fired for stating OSHA requirements and following up on any progress. OSHA has inspected the company regarding these, and other, concerns. Recently he went to one of my Train the Trainer courses. Upon completion, the company refused to do any actual training. They stripped him of his "title" as trainer. He was subsequently terminated. Recently (2 weeks after his termination) he was made aware by an employee of the company in question that his name appears on the training certificates posted on the walls. He DID NOT do the training. What are his options for legal action. Thanks.

**A: did he sign the certificates or did someone forge his name?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">