• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for sleeping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ScionicLoyalist

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Philadelphia PA

Ok here is the situation. I was asked to work sunday 4/10/05 from 8am - 7pm then i worked overnight on 4/11 from 9pm - 5am then again on 4/12 I worked from 9pm - 5:15am. So I got home from work around 6:15 am 4/13. I then had to be back at work on 4/14 at 6:00am. I aslo believe i got sick from working these crazy hours without being able to get enough sleep. on 4/14 I was at work and all I remember is someone waking me up.... I don't even remember going to sleep. anyways I am or was an assistant manager at PetsMart and while I was sleeping someone took pictures and I was fired (This is no joke). they said I handed my keys to a cashier and went to sleep. I don't remember any of this except that someone woke me up. What can I do? I am not sure if it was because I am sick or if whoever took the pictures just wanted me gone and said that I gave the cashier my keys or if I even did give them to her. What are my options? I have only been with the company for 5 months and i have never had a write up or been disciplined for any reason at all.

P.S. the only medication I was on was Tylenol cold 4 pills total for the day.
I fell asleep on camera with the lights on btw so it was not even like i was trying to hide. i could have went in the office and locked the door. I honestly dont remember even going to sleep.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your option is to file for unemployment and look for another job. There is nothing illegal about firing you for sleeping on the job, no matter what or how many hours you worked.

panzertanker

ScionicLoyalist said:
can i do this on line if so can u give me a link?
No, you have to drag your lazy butt down to the unemployment office and file the paperwork just like everyone else!
Look for a job that is better suited to your sleep requirement...like security guard.
IAAL, WHERE ARE YOU??????

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sorry, I don't know whether your state allows you to file on-line. Mine doesn't. Nor do I have a link. You can call them on MOnday and find out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">