• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired for sleeping on lunch break...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylene

A pattern of what?

So why bring it up xylene?
A pattern of discrimination.

I bring it up because it raises a red flag and is very suggestive of something odd that 75% of supervisors dismissals in a quarter being pregnant women.

It could be evidence of discrimination; depending on other facts not suitable for the poster to be presenting in an anonymous online forum.

Someone loitering at a fire scene doesn't prove he's an arsonist. But it is suspicious. It doesn't take a psychic hunch to know that, or that 75% of dismissals being pregnant is a pattern of note.

mlane58

A pattern of discrimination.
Or just coincidence, but you always look at the glass as being half empty don't you?

I bring it up because it raises a red flag and is very suggestive of something odd that 75% of supervisors dismissals in a quarter being pregnant women.
That doesn't mean anything, but in your own little world.

It could be evidence of discrimination; depending on other facts not suitable for the poster to be presenting in an anonymous online forum.

Someone loitering at a fire scene doesn't prove he's an arsonist. But it is suspicious. It doesn't take a psychic hunch to know that, or that 75% of dismissals being pregnant is a pattern of note.
You are watching wayyyyyy too much law and order or other cop shows. None of this proves or even suggests anything and for you to try and add fuel to a flame that wasn't there, is really inappropriate to say the least.

xylene

Or just coincidence, but you always look at the glass as being half empty don't you?
Statistically improbable events that hurt labor but benefit management... being dismissed out of hand by you changes the the math not at all.

My advice to the poster was based in fact and is sound. She should speak to someone. There is no way to go over this anonymously.

I will now add that there are organizations which can support a women in workplace issues, even if it is only a discussion group. It can be very empowering and leave one with an overflowing glass that is never short of brimming.

csi7

I agree with xylene.
I was present for an interview process in which one prospective employee mentioned on her own, that she was pregnant. The applicant had been rated #1 on the written section.
She was immediately placed on the "do not hire" list.
The employer was investigated after firing three pregnant nurses in a short period of time as well after the nurses obtained the services of a reputable attorney.

mlane58

I agree with xylene.
I was present for an interview process in which one prospective employee mentioned on her own, that she was pregnant. The applicant had been rated #1 on the written section.
She was immediately placed on the "do not hire" list.
The employer was investigated after firing three pregnant nurses in a short period of time as well after the nurses obtained the services of a reputable attorney.
Totally different situation from the OP's and your situtation has proof that discrimination took place. Where xylene's is nothing but speculation and she bases it on census data and other stats.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Totally different situation from the OP's and your situtation has proof that discrimination took place. Where xylene's is nothing but speculation and she bases it on census data and other stats.
And while OP says she knows of other hospital employees who were dismissed while pregnant, she doesn't know or mention the exact reason for the dismissal. They could have been late too often, raiding the meds, didn't call in in a timely manner, patient neglect/abuse, stealing from the cafeteria, incompetent at their job.... The list goes on. :cool:

mlane58

And while OP says she knows of other hospital employees who were dismissed while pregnant, she doesn't know or mention the exact reason for the dismissal. They could have been late too often, raiding the meds, didn't call in in a timely manner, patient neglect/abuse, stealing from the cafeteria, incompetent at their job.... The list goes on. :cool:
EXACTLY! Thank you!

xylene

3 out 4 dismissals in a short time on its face appears statistically significant. It is a pattern.

You holding out a cabal of pregnant miscreants as an explanation is no more probable than pregnancy discrimination, which is common, and a rational track of thought to explore given we have zero information on those other cases.

W

Willlyjo

3 out 4 dismissals in a short time on its face appears statistically significant. It is a pattern.

You holding out a cabal of pregnant miscreants as an explanation is no more probable than pregnancy discrimination, which is common, and a rational track of thought to explore given we have zero information on those other cases.
You are full of common sense in what you say Xylene! I appreciate the fact you remain stedfast in your rebutal of other nonsensical responses to your logical ability to assess the Op's circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">