• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for stealing....but no proof.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

User_Name

What is the name of your state? Illinois

LONG STORY SHORT

Back in March 15k came up missing at my job. They fired me but gave me no chance to take a lie detector test or anything. Its between me and 2 other people, but the 2 other people are still currently employed with the company. the company name is Loomis ( an armored car company ). Recently my partner from work called me and informed to me that they recently found the money and it was never missing. I am on unemployment but I loved that job. What do I do?

mitousmom

Assuming that you really think your ex-partner's information is correct, send a letter to the company asking to return to your job. There is nothing that requires the company to reinstate you, but if the company truly made a mistake, they might. However, I'm not sure that the company is going to acknowledge that it made a mistake.

But, do you really want to work for a company that so easily terminates its employees?

User_Name

Assuming that you really think your ex-partner's information is correct, send a letter to the company asking to return to your job. There is nothing that requires the company to reinstate you, but if the company truly made a mistake, they might. However, I'm not sure that the company is going to acknowledge that it made a mistake.

But, do you really want to work for a company that so easily terminates its employees?
But i dont want to put his name in it because for all they know they assume I have no contact with any of thier employees. Its just that its hard finding a job that you actually LOVE.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
FYI, Federal law puts very strict limits on the circumstances under which an employer may legally give their employees a polygraph test. No doubt the reason they did not, is that it would likely be illegal for them to do so.

CourtClerk

But i dont want to put his name in it because for all they know they assume I have no contact with any of thier employees. Its just that its hard finding a job that you actually LOVE.
Then don't mention his name specifically, but just say that you were relieved to find out that the missing money was eventually recovered and since the reason for your termination was because they suspected you of theft, and you obviously had no part in it, is it at all possible for HR to consider reinstating you.

The worse they can say is no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">