• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired and sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

machinistbill

hello i live in denver colorado on 10-31-00 i was fired from my machinist job and sued for starting my own buisness in the same feild as i was working .I did do work for some of the same customers but out side of my normal job . I contacted them thru a 3rd party person and quoted on the jobs they gave me. i had no access to p.o.'s or job info at my job . also the owner of where my job was held my last 2 checks . i never singed any papers about privicey .. please help thank you

ALawyer

The employer can fire you in most states for any reason, or none at all.

But he can not withhold your pay checks.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

M

machinistbill

Originally posted by ALawyer:
The employer can fire you in most states for any reason, or none at all.

But he can not withhold your pay checks.

he is sueing me and says i owe him money . he is not saying an amount and i do not owe him anything

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">