• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired then hired- unemployment benefits?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vilhelmiina1

What is the name of your state? Live in Maine, due to relocation recently was filing unemployment benefits in Massachusetts.
I was and now ahain am, employed by private non-profit human services agency. original hire date 3/1/04. during my 3 month emplyment i became aware of unethical, and in my opinion illegal actions taken by my supervisor with approval of CEO. i express my concerns (back dating reports, such as greating service plans which did not exist dispite of state regulations, making up fire drills, billing for medicaid for services that has not been delivered) to my supervisor with human resources present. i reguested them to report the agency to the state themselves. 1week later my employment was terminated due to "poor match". i filed for unemployment. next day i received an message that agency ceo wants to talk to me. few days later he called me offereing other positionwithin the agency.
to make long story short....i contacted unemployment in MA asking that if i turn down the job offer, am i going to loose my unemployment benefits. according to them, most likely i would loose the benefits. i did not have a choice that accept the other position. i need advise. my current position is a 5 day work week vs. 4 day work week what i had previously, pay is the same but there is more responsibility. minimum work hours are 43/ week, vs. minimum 40/ week previously. i want to leave, but financially am not able to survive. thank you for your attention in this matter.

V

vilhelmiina1

my question would be...if i resign from this agency, am i eligible for unemployment benefits?

JETX

Most states do not grant unemployment benefits to those who quit their job or are terminateed for cause. Whether your state will grant that PRIVILEDGE to you or not, is completely up to them.

However, PERSONALLY, I doubt you would be allowed to get benefits if you were to quit.... especially considering that they are attempting to resolve your 'concerns.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">