• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired for turning in false timesheet & miles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CLEANERINFL

What is the name of your state? FL

I'm a house cleaner and I was fired today because my boss said that me and my teammate were turning in flase timesheets and mileage. We are required to call a computer using the customer's phone to clock in and out of the house. We have been using a cell phone and today we were fired. My boss says that her husband one of the owners saw us driving down the road when we were still clocked in and at another house we weren't there when they came by. Thay said we are clocking out of the houses after we leave and that's why they fired us thay also said that my partner admitted this. Don't they need real proof before they can fire me. Also can they adjust my hours worked?

Beth3

Don't they need real proof before they can fire me. No, they don't. But from their perspective, I imagine they feel that seeing you driving down the road when you were clocked in at a home IS real proof.

Also can they adjust my hours worked? They have to pay you for the hours you worked but they can adjust the time to the hours they believed you work if they feel you were falsifying your time card. If you want to dispute the hours you were paid, then you may file a complaint with your State's Department of Labor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">