• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired unjustly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

s.d.

What is the name of your state? mich. my question is i was just informed the i was" let go" due to missing the last 4 days . on sunday before i was diagnosed with depression and givin a doctors note for the week to wait and see if the med i was given will work. i called work to inform them i was going in for my med check up and at that time i was informed i was terminated

JETX

There is no such thing as 'unjust firing'. You are an 'at will' employee, meaning your employer can terminate you with or without any reason whatsoever, just or unjust.

As long as it was not done in violation of any 'protected' discrimination.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
1.) How long had you worked for the company?
2.) How many employees does the company have?
3.) How much time had you been absent previous to this?
4.) Did your employer know what your illness was?
5.) Did you follow the company policy for calling in absences?

The ONLY way you are going to have any kind of case is if it can be shown first, that you qualified for FMLA and second, that your employer KNEW that you had a potential FMLA claim and fired you without determining whether you did or not.

Going by the information you have provided, I don't see a case. If you will answer the above five questions, I'll re-evaluate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">