• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for urinalysis and I took hair follicle to prove myself. ALSO they're talking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brooklyntaylor

What is the name of your state? North Dakota

Hello, First of all, I appreciate anyone who has any advice to help.

I started working for a manufacturing company that contracts out to Boeing Aerospace on January 8th. That morning of orientation we were informed of urine testing. (Not told until right then)

I informed my supervisor that I am on Adderall for ADHD as a result of a head injury in high school. Adderall is Amphetamine Salt. Which obviously will show on a urine test. I informed them immediately. I took the test, came out and it said NEGATIVE for METH, COCAINE, THC...etc. and positive for Amphetamines. I then asked if I should grab my prescription bottle to show them. They said yes so I left back to the room and grabbed my purse. (Urine unsealed, and sitting out) About 3 of the supervisors all looked at my bottle and were satisfied with it.
About 30 minutes later, they came and got me and told me that I needed to sign some stuff. I went with them and signed a sticker to seal the urine. Then about 10 minutes later they returned and said that sticker ripped and I needed to sign another one. I was not familiar with chain of custody...etc. until afterwards, so I didnt know any better.

That was on a Monday. The following Monday I recieved a call at work and the lady asked me if I was in a private area so that I could talk freely. I didnt have anything to hide so I agreed. She said they found 79% D-Isomer Methamphetamines in my urine. I laughed at her and told her it was impossible and she told me to go to my dr. and sign a release so their MRO could talk to her.

That Thursday I went to work at 5 am and at 10am I was terminated for Meth.
1. NORTH DAKOTA is a right to work state
2. This was a preemployment screening, so I was not eligable for any type of retest.

I contacted my attorney immediately, and since my divorce/custody trial was set for EXACTLY 1 week from then, he advised me to leave it alone so my ex's lawyer didnt hear about it before I could prove it was a false positive.
That same day, I contacted a company and paid for a hair follicle test. Very reputable company 2 hours away who can be Expert Witness's if need be.

Well, the hair follicle test did show NEGATIVE.

1. Urine cup showed negative for Meth that day, but then the GC/MS test says 79% D-Isomer Methamphetamines? The professionals I have talked to said it would have shown immediately at that high of a rate.
2. Upon termination, my supervisor told his wife about it, who in turn told the old daycare i worked at. She told her employee who is married to my boyfriends co-worker. He in turn called the boss. Consequently they put him on a probationary status pending results of a urine test. THey said it was DOT, but on the paperwork it said resonable suspicion. We live in a small town, and this spread like wild fire. He lost out on thousands of dollars of commission over this. His urine was also negative.

I live in a small town. And cannot get a job ANYWHERE. On top of that, I had to be put on XANAX because this all happened during my divorce and I was having panic attacks and not sleeping.

I am an American Red Cross Instructor, I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old, so I cannot afford another attorney. My divorce attorney was honest enough to tell me he didnt have the experience in this type of case.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Beth3

Let me make sure I understand this. They had you pee in a cup AT WORK? Was there a nurse or med/lab tech administering the tests?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sorry, I know this isn't the point but this is a hot button for me and I just have to say it.

Right to work means you can't be required to join a union to get work. It has nothing to do with this situation. You mean that North Dakota is an employment at will state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">