• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired while in disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Inquietus

im from Massachusetts. I went into short term disability from 2/5 - 2/12. Then my doctor gave me another letter extending my std until 3/5. because my dr. filled out my co.’s documents after 2/12,and because according to my company i didn’t call my mgr. atleast twice after 2/12, they terminated me. (they called this ''voluntary resignation''. i went for an appeal within the co. and
lost. i am still not able to work, i don't have a job. my only income is bonus money I earned up to feb/01 and due to be received by me until june/01. what can I do in terms of getting my job back? am i entitled to unemployment, workcomp/or some kind of compensation due to my disability? thanks in advance.

A

Attorney_Replogle

You will have to speak with a local employment law attorney to verify what I tell you applies in your state and situation. You should file with unemployment compensation and dispute that you voluntarily left. Unless you do this you wont' get such benefits. Also, whether the employer violated any state laws as to your disability and termination can only be determined by local counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">