• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired while on FMLA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I continue to maintain that no RESPONSIBLE poster would give you any kind of dollar figures. Please check Proseguru's post history before assuming that he knows better than your lawyer what numbers you should be looking at.

THIS BOARD IS NOT FOR SPECIFIC LEGAL ADVICE AND SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR SUCH.

Proseguru

I continue to maintain that no RESPONSIBLE poster would give you any kind of dollar figures. Please check Proseguru's post history before assuming that he knows better than your lawyer what numbers you should be looking at.

THIS BOARD IS NOT FOR SPECIFIC LEGAL ADVICE AND SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR SUCH.
This board is not for specific legal advice??? How insane a statement is that.

And I did tell the OP to have his lawyer look up judgments of similar cases ... and 3x for punitive damages .. is this a secret? Its a pretty well known baseline value.

Last edited by a moderator:

ecmst12

If you don't even know the difference between punitive damages and general damages, you have absolutley no business advising anyone else about their lawsuit against the most notorious corporation in employment law these days.

OP, you have an attorney. Please rely on his advice and no one else's. If he doesn't want to give you a number right now, you can be sure there is a reason for it. If you want to know more about the factors that go into settling your case, I suggest you bring it up with your attorney next time you meet with him. But you should not expect things to settle quickly, it is normal for it to take several years even when you don't go to trial.

IKROWNI

didnt ask for specifics read my posts and youll see i asked for rough estimates. never asked to be talked down to like you have done so far. from what i have read in your posts you have given absolutely no help whatsoever so what was the point in you posting. i hope your other 20,000 some posts werent filled with the same garbage you spewed in this thread.

aside from that the best help i received was in calculataing what some damages i could add into a total calculation and to ask my lawyer what some other cases similar to mine have yielded. GREAT ADVICE it will be taken and those are my next planned actions.

i asked for advice and it seems most of the senior members here opted to simply refer me back to my lawyer when i specifically stated i wanted advice from others here aside from my lawyers advice.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There are some issues that a message board cannot help with. We can provide general legal information. I already explained to you that without more detail we could not provide even rough numbers, and that it would not be wise of you to put that kind of detail on the public internet. If you READ the TOS it tells you that THIS IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR OWN LAWYER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">