• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired while on leave of absence from dr.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HurtGrl

What is the name of your state?CAlif. I work for a golf course 1 day a week, I have been sick 2 times (2 yrs) brought doctors notes. My father was recently ill and put into surgery without a knowledge of the outcome, after the fact I told my boss the situation and asked for the following Friday off so I could travel 2 hrs away to stay with dad, he said yes and to let him know if I needed more time off. I had / thought I had coverage....he never showed up and so I went in to work, plus I covered his weekend shift (he was sick) so I then asked for the following weekend, came back to work to notice I am not on schedule, meanwhile I have a workers comp case from my old career and I have limited requirrements, with never interferred with this pt job. My doctor just put me off work until Nov, stating this would affect my w/c case and he didn't want me to work, I didn't want to leave the company hanging so I called my attorney who stated it was okay to continue to work, so here goes, now today he fired me because he said I wasn't reliable? I am the one that fills in when needed, he told me to take as much time off as I needed, and now he has a different story! What are my rights, he never even gave me a warning regarding this, and he said sales are slow on my days, and its my job performance!!! The days have been very slow.....I am a beverage cart girl and I can only sell to those that want to drink...is that my fault? I called the president of the company to complain aabout this but no return calls as of yet, I am the most reliable person you could imagine, I am a single mother and a role model for my child if anything so this is a important issue to me, I fell that this 3rd new boss just had a problem with me, their are employees that come to work drunk, they are rude and are always on their cell phones, and late....but when my mom called me to tell me that outcome of my father from surgery he saw me on my phone (i was in the garage taking a 5 min break)and then he wrote me up for talking on the phone, I then explain the outcome of phone call and thats when he said I could take as much time off that I needed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">