• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FIRED WHILE OUT ON WORKERS COMP.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gambler

I worked as an executive housekeeper for a hotel chain,while there i was asked to perform discriminatory acts against other employees,my supervisor made me do this,i felt this was wrong so i contacted the company headquarters to let them know what was going on and my supervisor started screaming in my face every day at work,this lead me to suffer from a nervous breakdown causing me to be out of work for about two months.I just learned from unemployment that i was terminated while out under doctors care,now my question is can this company fire me while out under doctors care? I live in the state of N.J.I feel i was discriminated against because my son also worked at the same hotel and when he tryed to hire african americans to work there he also was targeted by the company and was told he was being unproductive on his job,so he quit and sent a letter to the N.J.,DEPT OF LABOR letting them know what was going on in that hotel,after the letter was recieved thats when all of the screaming in my face took place,and i started getting treated very bad by the general manager of the hotel

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">