• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired while under doctor's care????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KelleyAnn

I live in Kansas. I am a diabetic and in February, I was hospitalized with complications of diabetes. Upon returning to work, I was told (verbally) that if I missed anymore work, I would be "let go." Well, I have missed other days of work, with sick kids, doctor's appointments, etc. In May I missed three full days because of viral pneumonia. Nothing was said at this time about my employment status. This past week, I was hospitalized from Saturday till Wednesday and at the urging of my doctor stayed home Thursday and Friday on bedrest. I have doctor's notes regarding the hospitalization. My question is: do I have any recourse should I be "let go" upon return to work on Monday. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">