• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired wile on lite duty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

COD5000

What is the name of your state?Nj i was fired from fedex for what they claimed was "pumping stops" in order to stay on the clock and gain time. I am going through the Fedex GFT procedure. At the first meeting i found out the day they claimed i was doing this was a day i wasn't even supposed to be doing my route. A few days before i badly cut my hand on the job. The fedex dr. placed me on lite duty for four days. After 2 days my manager approched me and told me he needed me to do a route. He knew that i was on lite duty and was supposed to stay in the office an answer phones. He said it would be a favor for him so i agreed. I basicly did the route with one hand and it took me much longer than normal. Well, a few days later they questioned me about my productivity and i gave them a full explination. The following week i was terminnated. Is there a law violation for makeing an employee on lite duty do full duty. Then i got fired for it.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Whether or not discrimination occurred is extremely situation specific. But a cut hand is VERY unlikely to qualify as "disabled" for the purposes of a discrmination claim, no matter what state you are in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">