• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Firing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mike Miller

What is the name of your state? Ohio

When I was fired from my employer I was not presented with any paperwork whatsoever. I was told I was terminated but never given any quantifiable reason. I asked for something in writing explaining my reason for firing but my employer stated they do not give any paperwork. Is there any way I can obtain a letter from my employer outlining specific reasons as to why I was terminated? If so then what steps do I need to take?

Secondly, how would I research cases similar to mine which may have occured in the past? I know most legal matters are public knowledge. How would I research cases that may have occured in the past against my previous employer? What specific steps do I need to take? Can anything be done online? Please advise and THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nothing in either Federal or Ohio law requires that they give you a reason for the termination. You can ask as often as you want, but if they don't want to give you that information the law is not going to require them to do so.

Beth3

Have you filed for unemployment? (You should if you haven't already.) If your employer contests your eligibilty, then they will have to provide the reason why you were fired to the UC office and you will receive a copy of that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">