• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Firing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

samiruddin

My employer told me a month and a half ago he was firing me but didn't give me a termination date or a letter of termination spelling out why he was firing me. I have continued to work since then and was told on 11/10 that I have one more week and he asked me to train the new person during that week.

I need a letter of termination to collect unemployment and he won't give it to me. Do I have to train the new person? How do I get a letter of termination? Have my rights been violated?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Get a letter of termination from your Human Resources Department, or your bosse's boss.

As to training, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. You want to save face? Don't train them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">