• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Firing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pc

MICHIGAN - 2 months ago I sent my resume in response to an ad for a job. The potential employer never phoned me personally, however, left a voice mail message in our company GENERAL mail box asking for a partiuclar attorney to call them pertaining to the resume received by me. I happened to retrieve this message from the mail box and I phoned the company back and first told them I was no longer seeking other employment opportunities and to please destroy my resume, however, I also inquired if they were calling for a reference or for what reason? She replied, basically. I asked her to please not pursue conversations with the attorney pertaining to my resume as if could lead to my termination. If this attorney does speak to the attorney I work for and I am terminated due to seeking other employment, do I have any recourse against the company that called my current employer notifying them that they received my resume?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">