• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Firing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

walstret

The State is North Carolina

My dad has been having an affair with a lady at his office. This has been going on for about 8 months. His bosses never cared until Tuesday when she left her husband and filed for divorce. Then they called both of them in and fired them. No prior warnings of anykind. They said no one the office was getting any work done because of the fear her husband might show up and hurt her or my dad. The day before my dad had told his boss he wanted to just retire because he could not afford to be fired and loose his medical benefits. His boss assured him he would not be fired. The next day they fired him. They gave the reason for termination as no one was working and employees were scared. Can do this without previouslly making a record of asking them to discontinue the affair. No Previous diciplinary action NONE until that date of the firing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">