• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

firing because of slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MUSHELLA

My brother was fired and at the time, was given three different reasons - missing too much work (he had 8 vacation days left to use), he didn't call out for the day (phone records are being pulled), and because of an incident that happened the night before (outside of work, off hours) in which a co-worker told one of his supervisors about. The co-worker is still employed. The person that fired him is not his direct supervisor, and told my brother that he should come back in a couple of months, he may be able to get his job back.
I have written a letter to the human resource department of the company, that has been ignored. I have spoken with the home office human resource department, that has been ignored.
They only compensated my brother for 4 days of vacation pay, they still owe him 4 more days.
Are there anything he can do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">