• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FIRING FOR DISABILITY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LEONARD1

I AM AN RN WHO HAS WORKED FOR A HOSPITAL FOR ABOUT A YEAR; IN MARCH I WAS INJURED IN A CAR ACCIDENT; I HAVE 2 HERNIATED DISC'S IN MY BACK AND A POSSIBLE CLOSED HEAD INURY; ALSO AN UNDETERMINED NECK INJURY. I HAD HAD SOME PROBLEMS WITH A COWORKER FOR ABOUT A7 MONTHS WHO KEPT CALLING ME AT HOME DRUNK AND I REPORTED HER TO MANAGEMENT; THE I GOT A NEW BOSS IN FEB AND I CAUGHT HER STEALING DRUGS; BECAUSE THERE WERE NO OTHER WITTNESSES
TO THIS BOSS STEALING MEDICATIONS THEY WROTE ME UP FOR GOSSIP BECAUSE SHE GOT OUT OF THE BUILDING BEFORE THEY CAUGHT HER. I WAS OFF FROM WORK FOR OVER A MONTH WITH MY BACK SO WHEN I CAME BACK I WAS ON SEDENTARY DUTY; THE ADM TOLD ME SHE WOULD HAVE WORK FOR ME UNTIL JULY WHEN INSPECTORS CAME; 4 DAYS BEFORE THEY CAME SHE GAVE ME MY YEARLY EVALUATION AND SUSPENDED ME; SHE TOLD ME THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE GOSSIPING ABOUT THE ALCOHOLIC CO WORKER THAT HAS HARRASSED ME FOR A YR; ALSO THERE WAS SOME STUPID FRIVILOUS THINGS LIKE LEAVING A VOLUNTARY INSERVICE EARLY ON MY DAY OFF, THAT I NEED TO SPEAK CLEARLY BECAUSE I TALK APPALACHIAN
ACCORDING TO HER, THING I HAD NEVER HEARD OF
IN MY LIFE LET ALONE BEEN COUNSELED FOR; THE JOB THEY GAVE ME TO DO WAS NONCOMPLIANT WITH MY WORK RESTRICTIONS BECAUSE I ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT SIT MORE THAN 66% OF THE TIME AND SHE HAD ME DOING CHART AUDITS AND COMPUTER WORK AND THEN SHE WOULD GIVE ME DEAD LINES LIE 5 HRS TO GET A 8 HR JOB DONE RENDERING IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO AVOID PROLONGED SITTING; THE FUNNY THING IS THE EVALUATION IS DATED FOR 1 MONTH EARLIER? BUT ACTUALLY THE DATE IS JUNE 8, 92000, TALK ABOUT DUST IN THE WIND.......I DON'T UNDERSTAND ITS TRULY WITH HIDDEN AGENDA,,AND BY WAY I AM FILING WITH THE HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISION FOR
TERMINATION ON A DISABILITY...DOES IT SOUND LIKE I MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE? ANY SUGGESTIONS?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Not to be mean or anything, but next time, please write way shorter and keep all details to a minimum. No one will read and answer if they have a long story to read.

Without reading, if you are being fired due to your disability, the ADA act (disability act) prevents this type of discrimination. BUT to truly determine if this is discrimination, you need to seek the advice of a licensed atty in your state who practices employment labor law with experience in this area.

To find such a person, contact your state bar association (call 411 and ask for state bar) and ask for lawyer referral.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">