• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Firing for Job Abandonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

h2hgroomer

What is the name of your state? California

What is the number of days that an employee can be absent and not contact the employer to be fired for job abandonment in California?

What is the specific code related to Job Abandonment in California?

What should be cited in a termination letter to the employee that does not report to work nor contact the employer?

Thank you for your assistance.

Stephen

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

h2hgroomer said:
What is the name of your state? California

What is the number of days that an employee can be absent and not contact the employer to be fired for job abandonment in California?

What is the specific code related to Job Abandonment in California?

What should be cited in a termination letter to the employee that does not report to work nor contact the employer?

Thank you for your assistance.

Stephen

My response:

There is no such law. California is an "At-Will" employment State. An employer employs an employee at his/her/its "pleasure" and can fire with or without cause, and at a moment's notice - - or even without notice.

Theoretically, an employee could walk into "work" and be told, "Hey Sam, you don't work here anymore."

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

I fire myself every morning...but I piss the boss off by showing up anyway :eek:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hexeliebe said:
I fire myself every morning...but I piss the boss off by showing up anyway :eek:

My response:

You know, I think I'd kill myself before I would ever become an employee. I'm too good at being an employer.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

Hell, I pay a heavy price to keep my job...I have to wake up with the boss every morning :D

Did you get my reply about your "V" e-mail?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hexeliebe said:
Hell, I pay a heavy price to keep my job...I have to wake up with the boss every morning :D

Did you get my reply about your "V" e-mail?

My response:

Yes, I did. Very interesting. Quite a system!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">