• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

firing and lost wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rae1

What is the name of your state? I live in Texas... during the summer my husband worked at a bar & grill.. his employer "let him go" because my husband was not able to work a minmum of 80 hrs a week. His last day at work was July 23 and he never received his last paycheck. The state of Texas labor dep. has an investigator on the case. The investigator said that the employer said that his last day of work was actually on July 15 and that he owes my husband nothing. He is lying !! What can we do?

thanks Rae1:(

mykoleary

rae1 said:
What is the name of your state? I live in Texas... during the summer my husband worked at a bar & grill.. his employer "let him go" because my husband was not able to work a minmum of 80 hrs a week. His last day at work was July 23 and he never received his last paycheck. The state of Texas labor dep. has an investigator on the case. The investigator said that the employer said that his last day of work was actually on July 15 and that he owes my husband nothing. He is lying !! What can we do?

thanks Rae1:(
Think of ways to prove him wrong:

1) Does the bar use a computer system for orders and/or payment? If so, does use of it require a userid and password? If so, did your husband use this system? If so, there may still be logs proving he logged into the system those days.

2) Is he on good terms with any regulars that could vouch he was there during those dates?

3) Does he have any paperwork for reported tips or tips dispersed for that time period?

etc, etc, etc...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">