• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

firing monetary value

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dramvann

What is the name of your state? michigan i worked as a city employee (30yrs) in and administrative position..covered by civil service, fired by new very young admin. who lacked job knowledge etc. told me to turn in keys, retire by end of day or be fired because he thought i made a job error... to this day i have never received any paperwork. he has fired the wrong person (because of his lack of understanding of bid/contract process utilized by municipal government!), and i am not ready to retire for at least 10 years. what would my probably outcome be to sue in federal court (due process & age discrimination). what formula can i use to determine a $ amt. i am presently under physician care for stress related illness. What amt $ for pain, suffering, humiliation? i understand from others, since this event, he has learned the proper procedures and use of paperwork in disciplinary procedures, now follows established civil service guidelines.

S

Sinsaint26

There is no formula for figuring out a dollar amount that any case would be worth. And you can't just assume that it is age discrimination because your old. You said yourself that this new person didn't understand the proper disciplinary steps to take. Maybe your termination was unfair and went against normal procedure but that doesn't mean it was a wrongful termination or age discrimination. Unless there is something you left out it sounds like some new guy just jumped the gun a little and didn't follow normal disciplinary steps. That is not actionable.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">