• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Firing Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Thana†os

Greetings,

I work in a high security building in Houston, Texas. The company that owns the building is in charge of the security, but the company that owns the building leases other floors of the building to other companies.

My problem is, security stops me constantly when I enter the building because my badge doesn't scan properly. It works on the doors, but not when I walk through their terminal security gates. Replacement badges die after I Wear them a couple of days. I don't do anything specialy, they just die of their own accord.

Security is becomming increasingly annoyed and can ban me from the building. I've seen them ban other employee's, which then results in that employee's termination from one of the leasing companies.

Since I don't really want to get fired over something I've no control over, I would like to know if there is any recourse to keep me from being fired, or if I am fired over this, is there any way to get my job back?

Thanks for your consideration.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">