• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Firing and searching of car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pejmhj1990

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
Here is my story. I was let go after 16 years as a secretary of a CPA firm. My boss asked to search my car and him and another CPA came out and I was there and let them search my car, because I had nothing to hide, well they said they found things in my car but never let me see or told me what they were, well I had to go back in the office and they asked to search my purse which again, I agreed to, and they found nothing.

This was totally embarrasing and humiliating. I know i gave them permission,
but is it legal to do this?

Do I have any recourse?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
Here is my story. I was let go after 16 years as a secretary of a CPA firm. My boss asked to search my car and him and another CPA came out and I was there and let them search my car, because I had nothing to hide, well they said they found things in my car but never let me see or told me what they were, well I had to go back in the office and they asked to search my purse which again, I agreed to, and they found nothing.

This was totally embarrasing and humiliating. I know i gave them permission,
but is it legal to do this?

Do I have any recourse?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
It is not illegal to ask to search your car. It would be illegal for them to search without permission, but that is a moot point since you gave it.

No recourse, in regards to your other post as well. No wrongful termination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">