• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

firing wothout just cause.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CURTISD

What is the name of your state kentucky(only U.S. law)?

my wife was terminated from her job. they said it was because she was attempting to slow down production. someone went in and told them that she was. she is in no position to slow anything down. she didn't even get to explain her side.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state kentucky(only U.S. law)?

my wife was terminated from her job. they said it was because she was attempting to slow down production. someone went in and told them that she was. she is in no position to slow anything down. she didn't even get to explain her side.
KY is an at-will employment state: the employer can fire her for no reason, except for protected characteristics. See here: http://www.blr.com/HR-Employment/Staffing-Training-/Employment-Contracts-in-Kentucky

justalayman

she was fired for doing something they have always done. and are still doing it today.
Ok.

it's still not illegal to terminate her for that reason or any other reason or for no particular reason at all.

and they could fire everybody else doing the same thing as well.

CURTISD

That does not change the answer.
I guess I understand your answer. just don't see how they can fire someone for doing a job the way they have been doing it for 10 years. then the day after she was let go they let the ones on her job do the same thing.

can she draw unemployment?

don't want it to seem as though my wife is not a good worker. she is a very hard worker. they will tell you that. she is just outspoken and they didn't like that.

thanks for the answers.

FlyingRon

My company fired me after exemplary service for 23 years including being named a "treasure of the company" two years earlier and winning an innovation award.
As stated they don't need a reason.

She can apply for unemployment. Unless the company wants to claim that she was terminated through her own malfeasance she'll be approved (if she otherwise qualifies). She can appeal if UI initially rules against her.

Silverplum

I guess I understand your answer. just don't see how they can fire someone for doing a job the way they have been doing it for 10 years. then the day after she was let go they let the ones on her job do the same thing.

can she draw unemployment?

don't want it to seem as though my wife is not a good worker. she is a very hard worker. they will tell you that. she is just outspoken and they didn't like that.

thanks for the answers.
Second reason. :cool:

CURTISD

Second reason. :cool:
that is the only reason. I can guarantee it had nothing to do with her work ethic or attitude.
I retired from this same place 2 years ago. this is a supervisor trying to make a name for herself. believe me I know.
thanks for everyone elses comments.

Silverplum

that is the only reason. I can guarantee it had nothing to do with her work ethic or attitude.
I retired from this same place 2 years ago. this is a supervisor trying to make a name for herself. believe me I know.
thanks for everyone elses comments.
Alrighty then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">