• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First post, lots of views but no reply.. Please help..Anybody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trying2

I live and worked in Indiana.I have been an employee for a company for almost five years. I was promoted to an Area Manager position a year ago this month. I have been working in this position as a salaried Area Manager. I found that recently my position descripition was posted on the Internet. While every thing listed was exactly what I have been doing for the past year, they where willing to pay $12,00 to $22,00 more per year than what I was currently making.The only difference was that they changed the title from the position of "Area Manger" to "Regional Property Manager" The pay was not the problem. It had mostly to do with the policy and procedures of the company. We recently attended a seminar which indicated that company policies should be followed, always. I was never "written up" nor was I aware that it was my performance in question. I had a meeting with the head of management. His explentions for the intentions of the ad totally conflicted from one sentence to the next. I asked what I would be doing if he hired someone in accordenance to the position descriptions, and he replied: "If we can hire someone in that can take on those resposabilities,great, if not, we may still have an opening for an Area Manager" I turned in my resignation that day. My questions..1. Am I at fault?? 2.Am I able to file for unemployment? 3. Can I legally pursue action because I was not treated as any of the other employees that where "written up?"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">