• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Labor Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jbartel-wilcox

Need advice on how to put a lien on business for back wages owed to me on Florida Employment.
Does Florida require payment of overtime worked past 40 hours per week for non-exempt employees?
Is there a time frame for employer to issue final paycheck after I have terminated employment/given my letter of resignation?
Can an employee be held to the terms of a handbook which has never been provided, I have never seen and to which I have not signed any agreement which states I agree to language in a handbook?
Thank you for your help.
Frustrated new Florida Resident

crager34

try this

If there is proof that you worked the hours, by law they owe you the money (of course). Non-exempt is hourly, more than likey, the law is any hours over 40, in a week, is payable at one and a half times the hourly rate. In Colorado, it's added that any time over 12 hours in a day....paid the same. This is a claim for goods and services sold, most likely a small claims issue (check that out with the courts, over a certain amout moves the venue). Wright them a letter, with the proof of work, giving them 5 working days to comply, if not...sue them. If your not prepared to follow it up, don't do it.

ps. I am not a lawyer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">