• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida State Laws Regarding Overtime and Pay Periods

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gabriel235

Although my work hours were 8 to 5, never left work before 6:30 PM. Queried about overtime pay, was told being I was salaried, not entitled to ovetime. We were on a bi-weekly pay period, i.e., every other Friday, however, checks held back an additional four days before receiving them. Never, once received a check on Friday. In addition, after 16 months on job, office manager states he is holding back one weeks pay, which as he stated should have been done upon first starting. ? is was it lawful to hold back a bi-weekly pay check for four days, can one weeks salary be held back for something that should have been done upon first hiring. In essence, I will now have to wait three weeks before my next check. Please advise. Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">