• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FMLA or Constuctive Dismissal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

artisst

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I was fired from UPS 02/19/09 while on medical leave because I was told to get a physical. UPS has past records that I was injured in 2006 and returned in 2007 with 2 doctor approvals plus 2 DOT physicals in 2008.

I have constantly filed grievances for wage decreases, garnishments and other issues. I have been fired (reduced to suspensions) 8 times - at one point told "this time we'll make it stick. It's a lock" in the presence of a shop steward, and when I returned in 11/09, I was fired 4 times in 3 weeks (reversed) and not told.

I filed 3 grievances regarding my being forced me to take another physical within a year since I had not incurred an injury (3 shop steward witnesses). About a week later I received a letter stating I was dismissed because I abandoned my job.

I faxed documentation to VEC for the hearing, and stated UPS continually subjects me to unwarranted dismissals.

I won the original decision and appeal with VEC regarding my wrongful dismissal to receive unemployment benefits.

The union has been unresponsive to my financial grievances in the past - just getting my job back.

At this juncture I am not interested in reinstatement. The union has been unresponsive to my messages both on cell and at Union Hall for almost a year.

Thank You

ecmst12

Thanks for sharing. I wonder why you haven't found a job elsewhere in the past 4 years. Your only recourse would be that provided by the union.

Beth3

At this juncture I am not interested in reinstatement. Then I guess you need to start looking for another job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">