• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FMLA and INSURANCE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kerrica

March 17,2000 I had to take an FMLA leave because of my high risk pregancy. In May of 2000 I was told by our human resource personal that I would have to apply for administrative leave because my FMLA would run out before my doctor said I was able to return to work. During the month of May that is what I did. The human resource person told me that if they denied me I would be notified by them in the mail,stating that I was taken off the parole. He went on to say that I would be sent an cobra letter advising me that I had an option to keep my insurance. I never recived an reply back from any one on the job or the insurance company, even though I would continualy call and check up on my status. I was simply told I was still on leave status. I found out that my insurance had been cancelled when my doctors office attempted to file an claim. I then called the insurance office and they proceded to tell me that my insurance had been cancelled through the company. I tried contacting head of the human resource office, and left several messages for him. During this time I had contacted the person over payrole and she proceded to tell me that I was still on the payrole list and not been listed as terminated, and she could not explain to me why the insurance had been cancelled without my noticfication. I finaly contacted head of the human resource office in August of 2000 after delivering my son. I told him that I was able to return to work. He said fine come fill out an application and I will give your job back. I did fill out another application as told. I ended up having to file for my unemployment because I never heard back from him,even after several attempts to contact him myself. I had been with this company since May of 98. I was do an vacation check which I never recieved. I was never given any reason to why this happen.However I did recieve my unemployment. Is there any action I may take toward this company?

B

buddy2bear

It looks as if this company doesn't know what it is doing. Why not call the EEOC and see what they say -- Pregnancy Discrimination Act.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">