• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forced group therapy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xombi213

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

PORTLAND, OREGON

I work at a bank. Over the past couple of years we have been robbed a few times. Personally, this does not effect me long term. I cope very well with the situations, and get over them rather quickly. Its part of the job I understand and accept. For a time before banking I even worked as a security officer at a bank.

My branch manager is forcing me to go into a group counciling. For what reason I am unsure, other than that we will likely be robbed again. Which I understand and fully expect to happen.

When my manager told me I was being required to attend this, I asked if it was a requirement to retain my employment. He thought for a moment and then said yes. Not only is this place far across town, and i do not drive, I do not feel the need to go. We have several outlets for post robbery counciling, which are available to me, and I never felt the need to seek counciling.

My question is: Is this legal? Can I be forced into this group counciling, or can I refuse and still be secure in my employment, legally?

eerelations

Your employer cannot force you to attend the group counselling. However, if you don't attend, your employer may legally fire you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">