• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced leave of Absence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Flobo

I work in Atlanta,Ga. I have just recently completed treatment for Cancer & was given the OK to return to work by my Doctor. I feel that I have been keeping up with my workload & I have been feeling physically better each day. Last Friday, my Boss called me into his office, told me that I looked tired & needed rest & said that her was putting me on a leave of absence for 90 days after which we will discuss my returning to work. The company will continue my insurance coverage during the leave. I know that a new person is coming to work in the office & I believe that I may be replaced. My question...is this legal? Can they put me on a leave of absence? Should I be on disability instead of "leave of absence"? What are my rights? Am I being discriminated against because of my illness? Where can I go for help & more information? Any & all feedback will be appreciated. I am self-supporting & don't know how I will manage without my job, & my insurance coverage. I am ready & willing to work.

L

loku

Family Medical Leave Act?

If your employer is subject to the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), both you and the employer have certain rights. If your employer is not subject to the FMLA, that makes a big difference. So I suggest you first follow the link to an explanation of the FMLA https://law.freeadvice.com/resources/gov_material/dol_family_medial_leave-act.htm. If your employer is subject to the FMLA, the explanation has advise on how to procede. If your employer is not subject to the FMLA, Please post that information on the Board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">