• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forced overtime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mgbmwluver

i work for a hospital and we are being forced to work overtime, minimum of twenty hours in a two week pay period. we have been forced to do so for the last four years. if we do not work this overtime it is implied that our employment will be terminated.

how much forced overtime and for how long a period can your employer make their employees work like this?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As much as they want/need.

A few states require that an employee be given one day off out of every seven. Unless there is an employment contract or collective bargaining agreement that says otherwise, as far as I know that's the only restriction I know of on the hours an employer can require. Sorry to tell you, but Ohio is not one of those states; they can require that you work 24/7 if they want.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">