• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced to quit because of verbal harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janeDoe91

What is the name of your state? Missouri

First off, I work for Dominos Pizza. One of my delivery Drivers verbally threatened me in the past. Just yesterday i was given orders from my supervisor. I followed those orders exactly and the delivery driver got in my face and started screaming at me. I felt very unsafe. I was told that the Driver would be fired. Well I had a meeting with my supervisor this morning, and it turns out that hes not being fired, and they want me to continue to work with him for 7 hours alone during the day 5 days a week. There was no compromise whatsoever. I was forced to quit because i felt i was unsafe working with him. Ive contacted the owner and hes not going to do anything about this either. I desperately need my job, as i live on my own and alread live paycheck to paycheck. What should i do? Should i persue a legal confrontation?

HomeGuru

janeDoe91 said:

First off, I work for Dominos Pizza. One of my delivery Drivers verbally threatened me in the past. Just yesterday i was given orders from my supervisor. I followed those orders exactly and the delivery driver got in my face and started screaming at me. I felt very unsafe. I was told that the Driver would be fired. Well I had a meeting with my supervisor this morning, and it turns out that hes not being fired, and they want me to continue to work with him for 7 hours alone during the day 5 days a week. There was no compromise whatsoever. I was forced to quit because i felt i was unsafe working with him. Ive contacted the owner and hes not going to do anything about this either. I desperately need my job, as i live on my own and alread live paycheck to paycheck. What should i do? Should i persue a legal confrontation?

**A: what should you do? You should apply at Pizza Hut.

Beth3

janeDoe91 said:

You don't have any legal options here. The driver acting like a raving lunatic is not against the law and the company isn't obligated to fire him. HomeGuru was serious when he told you you need to find a job elsewhere.

janeDoe91

Beth3 said:
You don't have any legal options here. The driver acting like a raving lunatic is not against the law and the company isn't obligated to fire him. HomeGuru was serious when he told you you need to find a job elsewhere.

Well hes threatened me in the past. And if what he did wasnt against the law, then why was i told that it was an assault, and i could press charges against him?

Beth3

And if what he did wasnt against the law, then why was i told that it was an assault, and i could press charges against him?

a) I was referring to employment law, not criminal law.

b) I have no idea who told you thatand therefore no clue as to whether that person knows what they're talking about.

c) You're free to report the threats to the police if you wish to.

Gadfly

There's nothing you can do against the company.

There's little you can do against the driver since he most likely has no money and by the time anything legal is settled you will be five years down the road.

Sooo. . .

You could go back and work with the guy (IF they'll take you back) or you could go to work for Pizza Hut.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">