• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced to resign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slainte2

What is the name of your state? california
I was recently forced to resign my position from a job I have held since December by my direct manager. it was either jump or be pushed. The reason behind this as given by him was misappropriation of company funds. What this actually means is that it took too long for me to send money I had recieved from customers to the office.(2 weeks instead of one) My beef is:

(1) nowhere in any of the paperwork which i read and signed when starting did it have a policy on handling money. no one including him ever told me of any policy.

(2) the first incident of the 2 that were brought up happened in April. At no time in the following 6 months had it been brought to my attention that I had done wrong.

(3) this whole thing happened after I had spoken to my HR about the lack of support I was recieving from this manager and how during my vacation this lack of support had lost me one of my accounts. (an account that could have been very lucrative for myself and the company).

Now it may be just me but there is a something not right here. I had no complaints about my work until this, I had no disciplinary record, and I had an excellant working relationship with all of my customers. In fact I had a very good working relationship with my manager until I spoke to HR. I done all that was wanted of me in the manner expected of me.

Although in my view this is morally wrong, is it legally wrong?

HomeGuru

slainte2 said:
What is the name of your state? california
I was recently forced to resign my position from a job I have held since December by my direct manager. it was either jump or be pushed. The reason behind this as given by him was misappropriation of company funds. What this actually means is that it took too long for me to send money I had recieved from customers to the office.(2 weeks instead of one) My beef is:

(1) nowhere in any of the paperwork which i read and signed when starting did it have a policy on handling money. no one including him ever told me of any policy.

(2) the first incident of the 2 that were brought up happened in April. At no time in the following 6 months had it been brought to my attention that I had done wrong.

(3) this whole thing happened after I had spoken to my HR about the lack of support I was recieving from this manager and how during my vacation this lack of support had lost me one of my accounts. (an account that could have been very lucrative for myself and the company).

Now it may be just me but there is a something not right here. I had no complaints about my work until this, I had no disciplinary record, and I had an excellant working relationship with all of my customers. In fact I had a very good working relationship with my manager until I spoke to HR. I done all that was wanted of me in the manner expected of me.

**A: my response is that your employer can legally terminate you for cause, or for no cause, or for a made up cause.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl

Not even remotely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">