• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced Resignation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zeer22

California is the State I was employed in.

Hello and thanks for checking out my post.

I was employed with a E-Loan, ( A mortgage direct lender).

The company was going through new ownership as well as management and the firm was not paying bonuses on time for 3 months running.

When I quesitoned this the third month, my dept. blammed it on h.r. Each month it was someone else that dropped the ball. Either H.R., someone did not sign something on time, etc.

So I asked my direct supervisor what had happend on the 3rd incident. He would not give em a straight reply. I told him verbaly, via email, and finally via text message what the issue was and when we would be paid.

He never responded, so I sent a personal text message to him stating that " If I do not get paid the bonus on the day it was prommised, I would have to look into possibly resigning".

He never responded, so that evening, I sent him another text message after leaving a couple messages with no retr. call that I would possibly look into resigning the next day since I never heard back in regards to being paid my bonus which was 2k.

The next day I saw him and spoke on the phone and told him I am not resigning of course..but since they were late yet again with bonuses, I would contact h.r. to see what could be done.

I sent an email to my superviopsr, manager and h.r that I was staying on not resigining.

They all said they were happy to heart that. I went to lunch and when I got back they said they were pushing my resignation through.

I reiterated I did nto want to leave and never resigned. They forced me to write a letter of resignation in a word doc. and walked me out.

Later they told EDD that I resigned of my own free will and that they had replaced my position the day they let me go.

Do I have any legal recourse?

Thanks....

Beth3

Do I have any legal recourse? No. You resigned, several times in fact. Never threaten to quit unless you really intend to do so. Your employer had no obligation to allow you to rescind your resignation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">