• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced Search of my Personal Residence

• Thread starter Leonardo Carlos Riedel
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Leonardo Carlos Riedel

To whom it may concern:
My name is Leonardo C Riedel and have an issue with my employer the Arizona Department of Corrections. They conducted a Search of my personal residence and did not find a video cassette that they claim I stole. They did find a Video tape in my personal vehicle which was placed their by a coworker who admits to placing the video tape inside of my vehicle which I had no way of knowing this until after they searched my house, garage, and vehicle. I never gave them consent and when I asked what my rights were Deputy Warden Harkins adviced me that they could fire me now or fire me later. Could you please advice me on what I can possible do to defend myself since know they have given me a ten day notice for my dismissal. The video cassette contains a security device inspection and has gone through the departments investigation process with my termination notice being the final result thank you for your time.

Correctional Officer II
Leonardo C. Riedel
P.S.
phone numbers (520)581-1711, (520)343-2895,(520)819-0527. Your help in this situation will be greatly appreciated.
email is [email protected]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Problem -- whether this employer is construed as officers or private individuals. Are they arms of the state, with typical search and seizure rights awarded police officers? If so, you have a possible 4th amendment violation.

As to your situation, immediately seek an attorney. Do not attempt to handle this on your own or by phone with people you do not know. Seek a lawyer.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">