• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced to work under B1 visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zesty

What is the name of your state?

Name of the State:Wisconsin, Alabama

Hi,

I was sent in United states from India on B1 visa for training in these two states but instead I was given work rather was forced to work in the U.S. Could you please tell me what should I do now ? Do I need to report to the U.S Immigration officer or High Commision in U.S embassy ? Please advice me.

thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Are you 100% certain that the work you are doing is not a hands-on-experience part of your training?

zesty

Yes I have proof of that

Before arriving in US I was given the listed training schedule. The work was given to me was apart from this and also the work was related to productivity. I have mails related to the work productivity and also the feedback given to my senior regarding that.

Please advice me. Is this enough to prove my point.

Thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then I suggest you post your question in the Immigration forum, because if it's not part of your training I don't have a clue who you report it to. Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">