• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Foreigner got my promotion! Is this legal or just sour grapes on my part?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vball

I work in Arizona. I recently applied for a promotion from analyst to senior analyst and the hiring manager said it came down to me and another candidate. The hiring manager said we were both well qualified and it was a tough choice to make but there was only one position available and I was just barely edged out. The person that got the promotion is working in the US on a visa from a European country. If two candidates are well qualified shouldn't the American Citizen get the edge over a foreign worker? I realize this sounds like sour grapes but it just doesn't seem right. Any ideas? Is there a case here? Thank you for your replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">