• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forged signature

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mymimis

What is the name of your state?
ca

My boss forged my name on a document which was about an incident report. Now, I was never asked what happened in the incident, as there were two other people involved with this, one who initially denied being involved. The bit@h even misspelled my name! Can I get her fired for this? Isn't forgery strictly penalized? Knowing her demeanor, she'll deny this if I confront her with it.

Thanks

well, I don't know your work situation or the severity of the incident. but in my (large) company, what I would do to screw the bi+ch would be to email the legal dept (or perhaps in your case, the big cheese), stating that this forged document has come to your attention and that you are willing to go to the wall for the company and support the forged document in any dept of labor, union, or legal dispute. Ask, "how do you want me to respond if any questions ever come up about this document?"

This would send my company's legal dept up the wall!

Be innocent and "honest". You're willing to stand behind the paper, you just want to make sure that the company is willing to stand behind you. whether they know about the report and if they want to keep it as it is.

her forging your name has potentially placed the company in legal danger and if it came from her, they'll look into it seriously, and if it came from hirer up, you'll get no response and you can leave it at that.....

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">