• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Former Co-worker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fespar

What is the name of your state? Va

Thanks for any help guys. A former co-worker who was fired just called me and said he was "taking down" my boss (who fired him) and he was sorry if anyone else got fired because of it. :confused:

The only thing my two co-workers and I can think of that would possibly get us in trouble is we did each drink one beer during the Christmas party (on the clock but no work was done afterward). My boss brought the six pack and we each drink one. He (my boss) told another co-worker that he should deny anything if asked.

Apparently, the former co-worker has several allegations against my boss and the beer thing is just one but, we don't want to lose our jobs because of their fighting and back-stabbing.

I've only worked here a few months but did partake that one time. If asked should we deny any knowledge of it or should we tell it like it was?

JETX

If asked should we deny any knowledge of it or should we tell it like it was?
Let's see if I have this straight... you are on a LEGAL advice forum and you asking us to suggest that you lie when asked?? What an idiot!!!

fespar

What is the name of your state? Va

He (my boss) told another co-worker that he should deny anything if asked.
So... Either we stick together and deny or we all take the chance of being fired.
I thought it was a fair question for advice. Is this board not for advice? Does one
simple question make me an idiot? If so, I'll take being an idiot over being a D**K
anyday.

eerelations

Don't do anything right now.

If your former coworker does something that results in an investigation of your boss AND you are interviewed by an investigator AND during the interview you are asked about the beer incident - THEN tell the truth, exactly as things happened.

However, unless ALL of the above happens, don't do anything - including drinking beer at work.

Beth3

He (my boss) told another co-worker that he should deny anything if asked. Your boss sounds like a real piece of work. Look, he's trying to cover his own behind if something hits the fan and management finds out there was alcohol in the workplace. I agree entirely with eerelations. Don't do anything but if HR/management asks you about the incident, you need to tell the truth.

If you lie and they find out, you'll be fired for sure. If you tell the truth, chances for your continued employment will be much improved.

JETX

I thought it was a fair question for advice. Is this board not for advice?
Ahhhh... the life of the stupid!!
Let's try this one more time.... I will type slowly so you can follow along...
This is a LEGAL advice site. Your stupid post has nothing to do with the LAW.
It is entirely about ethics and morals.... which you clearly have none of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">