• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Former Employer Blacklisting?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RonW_AZ

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Is there a way to find out if my former employer (a very large, powerful, international co) is blocking me from finding a new job? I was terminated over a year ago.

I have submitted (excellent) resumes to over 50 positions in which my skills match the requirements exactly, and cannot get an interview. With a few, after an initial exchange of information by phone or e-mail, I cannot get any further response.

I have never been asked for age, birthdate, SSN, or any other ID info. None is included with my resume.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are not getting interviews, then it's a guarantee that your former employer has nothing to do with it.

Employers do NOT call previous employers for reference information prior to deciding whom to interview. It simply does not happen.

And if you are thinking that your former employer is calling all the potential employers and telling them not to hire you, consider:

1.) Your former employer has no way of knowing who you are sending your resume to

2.) In twenty five years I have never ONCE had an employer call me and tell me that if I get a resume from so-and-so I should not hire them; nor has any HR manager that I know (and I know a lot)

3.) If someone were to call me and tell me not to hire so-and-so if I got their resume, when that resume came in they would be the very first person that I scheduled for an interview and

4.) The odds that your former employer successfully convinced EACH AND EVERY COMPANY that you sent your resume to, not to hire you, is remarkably slim.

While you have not provided any details of your termination, I very much doubt that your former employer is sufficiently interested in you to spend all the time, effort and good will that it would take to convince every possible employer that you were a bad risk. He has better things to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">