• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fortune500 Co. is harassing employee-HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

New2this

My Best friend works for a Fortune 500 Company here in Virginia.She is struggling with a Narcotic addiction(pills- another story),and has gone to them voluntarily. She was out of work for 1 week (excused by Doctor)Hospital faxed a note to Co. My friend"KK" made her boss aware of what was going on, and asked her not to talk...big Company,rumours, ya know the drill. So her boss agreed, and was very caring, but said she would have to let Human resources know.
This morning she goes into work and has to meet with her boss and Human Resource Manager. The HR Manager was very nasty to her, even as much to tell her she need to bring him a note from NA meetings every night (which she informed him she was going to voluntarily!!!He also told her that"ALL ADDICTS ARE LIARS AND THIEFS" She has done this all voluntarily and has informed her mother and her Fiance. She asked the HR manger for a Handbook or even the policy for this situation. He stated there was none of either yet. This company has been around forever!anyway,my point is WHAT CAN SHE DO? Her Boss is being great, but the HR manager is in control and wants her to sign a written paper about there meeting. She is suppose to sign it tommorow. He has even threatened her! Please help my Friend!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">