• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

found out I was terminated 2 months after the fact

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrtoon

Here's the deal as simple as I can make it. I was contracted by a company to be on call to install computers, so I just stayed home and waited for them to call me and send me out to install PC's and they paid me as a full time employee (work or no work I got paid). Pay checks were payed once a month (if I worked in March I didn't get paid until mid April) So I didn't feel I should look for other employment becasue I felt obligated to stay with them because they would pay me even if there was no work and I felt bad if they had something for me and I tell them I quit. Any way, I worked in June and apparently those were my last days. I did not find out I was terminated until mid August . I called and spoke to the CEO of the company and he claims to havve sent me a termination notice both by mail and email. I never received this noticed and the day I spoke to him he told me he would send it again via email. Never got it. Now savings are all gone and I am broke and frustrated. Can I take any action at all?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">